Enhance the well-being and quality of life of the people of WV through physical activity and sport related programming.
Increase the reach of health enhancing programs and partnerships facilitated by CPASS personnel serving local and state entities by at least one new program per year.
- Establish a baseline and continue tracking total number of programs, and faculty and staff engagement in service programs and partnerships
- Tie growth of community outreach efforts with strategic research and teaching initiatives (i.e. grants/contracts, publications, service-learning, Lifetime Activities Program programming)
- Investigate the creation of a Center for Active WV to mobilize and disseminate WV Physical Activity Plan priority areas throughout the state
- Develop a plan to increase specialized health and wellness services for people with disabilities and disease risk factors
- Investigate collaboration opportunities with other WVU colleges and programs
Increase CPASS student opportunity for involvement in university, local, state, and national health-enhancing service opportunities by at least one new program per year.
- Establish a baseline and track student involvement in service/outreach
- Define experiences by discipline and vary experiences in fields
- Identify and disseminate opportunities for student service
- Utilize CPASS LLC to plan and deliver local service programming
Increase CPASS/University visibility for service efforts by identifying and implementing two strategies for recognizing or increasing visibility
- Establish rewards and recognitions for outstanding faculty, staff and student service
- Recognize service related presentations and publications via social media and newsletters
- Disseminate information about CPASS service activities to the public (i.e. local, regional, national, international)
- Host a CPASS service day each year to showcase faculty/staff/student service involvement