Advance international opportunities within CPASS.
Develop a formal college-wide structure to help support and promote faculty and student engagement in the international mission of CPASS.
- Create incentives to reward faculty advancement of CPASS’s international mission (i.e. Travel funds, Faculty Workload Plan Recognition, Award recognition)
- Fully integrate the International Center for Performance Excellence (ICPE) into the international mission of CPASS
- Lead in establishing a CPASS international club to promote and organize events
- Identify resources for creation of a scholarship for study abroad
- ICPE will provide administrative support for international initiatives
- ICPE will develop and administer annual recognition for faculty (and students) who engage in outstanding contributions to CPASS’s international mission.
Offer at least one internationalization experience per year within CPASS programs.
- Inventory available G classes and faculty teaching these courses
- Initiate the development of appropriate classes within CPASS that will have a G-designation
- Offer a variety of study abroad experience for CPASS students
- Host a fall international physical activity & sport day hosted by CPASS in conjunction with WVU Diversity Week
Seek at least one college-wide external funding proposal from international sources for each international experience.
- Identify and target international funding and program opportunities (i.e. State Department Grants (Sport Diplomacy Grant); “Aspire” sport academy in Qatar)
- Promote multidisciplinary collaborations among faculty
- Identify and disseminate information about support systems within CPASS and WVU for these international teams (i.e. OIP, Research & Grants Committee, Grants/Contracts Officer, WVU faculty and graduate student partners).